One of the 6am crew members, Paul C.
- Civil War competitors, today begins your rest up until the competition. I do recommend doing the snatch EMOM (good practice) though.
- Athletes must arrive and be at the standards briefing no later than 8:20 a.m. Saturday.
- We recommend eating plenty of sweet potato the night before, and plenty of slow digesting fruits such as apples or pears the morning of.
- Branched Chain Amino Acid (BCAA) supplements are highly recommended to maximize recovery in between workouts.
- Hydration should go without saying, if you aren’t peeing clear right before the competition in the morning, you are NOT hydrated. Don’t forget the electrolytes.
- We will have coconut waters there for sale and no they won’t be 5 dollars a can.
- Prepare EVERYTHING you will need today and tomorrow. Jump rope, lifting shoes, sleeves, the tape things for your hands to avoid ripping, etc. . .
If you are competing on Saturday, you are doing (besides the EMOM) an easy pace 3-5K row.
EMOM for 15 minutes:
Snatch pull + Squat snatch + Overhead squat
Start at 60% of your 1RM working your way up, but going no higher than 75%.
Workout of the Day
Death by thruster (95/63)
POST LOAD and SCORE TO COMMENTS or WHITEBOARD